Hi, hey, hello! Welcome to Week Two of the One Room Challenge. Last week, I shared that I am making over our bedroom and I have (had?) no idea in which direction the room was going. Well…that is still pretty much true, for the most part. I have an idea of where I want the room to go stylistically, and actually have a piece or two that I’d like to keep in the space. But other than that, I have not purchased anything or started any work on the physical space yet. Eeek! How many weeks do we have left?!?
I pulled together a few ideas for the space, and included some things that I already have in the room. For example, to bring in some of the exact color from my living room makeover, I know that I want to paint the walls “Railings” by Farrow & Ball. I also want to add some sort of Metrie molding to the walls, I’m just not sure in what form. “Railings” is just too too good. I’m trying to decide if I should just paint an accent wall behind the bed, or paint the entire room.
For the rest of the pieces, I already have a pair of vintage Henredon campaign chests that you might have gotten a peek of in this post. I already have the paint for the walls. But other than that…I have nothing. Here’s what I’m thinking for the space:
I’d love to incorporate:
- Velvet- Ideally, we would replace our palm headboard with an actual bed instead of a headboard. I am really craving warm gray taupe-y mushroom-y browns lately, and I think they’re even prettier when they’re velvet. This is my dream bed from Anthropologie, so we’ll see if it makes it into the space.
- Chic rug- I would love to go with a rug that has a thick pile and either a slight pattern or sheen.
- Bold art- to go with the moody walls and my moody soul. Or something like that.
- Pops o’ plum- I haven’t landed on this as my accent color, but I’m also loving it in velvet.
- Airy desk- since I work from home and my “office” is in the bedroom, I have to incorporate a desk somewhere in this space. I’d love for it to double as a vanity and for it to not take up a ton of space in the room.
- Highboy dresser- currently, we still have our old French provincial 6-drawer dresser in the space. It takes up a ton of wall space, and I’d love to go vertical instead of horizontal. Currently stuck on what color/ material the dresser should be since our nightstands are a heavy dark wood.
- Lighting- TBD on whether or not Nick will let me replace the ceiling fan with a fun light fixture. Another joy of living in a 100+ year old building is that we have window AC units, and the breeze from the fan is very much welcomed in the summer. I also missed out on those fabulous gold mushroom lamps from Target, so if you see some at your local store, send me a message!
- Window treatments- as you saw in my Week One post, we still have bulky plantation shutters on our windows. While its great to close out the glaring sunlight and street lights at different times of the day, I’d really love to go with something a little softer and more streamlined. Currently pondering a woven shade + linen drapery panel combo.
So, there’s a lot to think about. I have to start making some decisions as soon as possible. But there’s nothing like a good design challenge to light a fire under you, right? Stay tuned as I will definitely (hopefully) be making some major decisions in the next week!
CATCH UP HERE: